CS Stag Mag wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Stag Mag wiring diagram

Hello my fellow friends. I'm currently waiting on some unique Custom Shop special request pups from the good folks here at Seymour Duncan. I'm going for a tonally one of a kind fat strat set up thats out of the ordinary. The new pickup specs are as followed: A Calibrated StagMag set for neck and bridge positions. But not regular stock spec StagMags. These will be wound with 1 gauge up in thickness from stock. I'm pretty sure the stock SM's are wound with 44g. Mine will be 43g. I wanted 42g but theres not enough room to reach the proper resistance. Also... instead of staggered A2 poles, they will be flat pole A4's. So a different take on the SM. Let's call it the FlatMag4's lol.

So with this 2 humbucker fat strat layout I'd like to utilize some different tones, keeping the 1 volume, 2 tone pot, 5way switch set up. The Top tone pot control the Neck coils, and bottom tone pot the bridge coils. I really need help with figuring out diagraming my desired request. Since the SM's are technically 2 singles in a humbucker, I have the opportunity to do some cool **** here. Hence why I ordered them lol.

I'm wondering if I get the 5 way Super switch would I be able to achieve this below:

*Position 1- Bridge HB (series)

*Position 2- Bridge HB & Neck HB (in parallel with each other)

*Position 3- Neck Single coil

*Position 4- Neck HB (parallel)

*Position 5- Neck HB (series)

I know it's definitely not a common request but I play mostly in the neck positions on guitars, so this will give me 3 variations just in the neck pup alone. Can someone with experience and the smarts tell me how to wire this up? And if I can get this done with a 5 way super switch? Or any other available 5 way? I'd like to avoid push pulls or mini toggles if possible. Thanks for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated​

With a super switch I believe it could be done, since you aren't ever splitting the bridge, you can use all the other available lugs to manage the neck. I'd have to spend time with it to figure out exactly how to do it. Perhaps someone else can jump in here sooner than I could get to it. If you can find an HSS wiring scheme that puts the H in parallel, you could just adapt the parallel part of that for your position 4. Everything else in your scheme is straight forward and has lots of examples on the internet.

FWIW the original "The Mag" was flat pole A5. It would be interesting to hear what an A4 Mag sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      With a super switch I believe it could be done, since you aren't ever splitting the bridge, you can use all the other available lugs to manage the neck. I'd have to spend time with it to figure out exactly how to do it. Perhaps someone else can jump in here sooner than I could get to it. If you can find an HSS wiring scheme that puts the H in parallel, you could just adapt the parallel part of that for your position 4. Everything else in your scheme is straight forward and has lots of examples on the internet.

FWIW the original "The Mag" was flat pole A5. It would be interesting to hear what an A4 Mag sounds like.
      That's great to hear it is at least possible man thanks! I will try to find a scheme with the HB in parallel. Hopefully someone can Hopefully chime in as well.

And good point about the OG "The Mag" I was trying to tame some of the spikey highs with the thicker gauge wire and get a more even response with the A4 magnets. On paper it sounds like it might work . I could have huge potential for some epic cleans and OD tones if I'm lucky. Especially going wet/dry with a 100w Mesa Lonestar head & 60w Two Rock Coral head in dual 2x12 Hard Trucker cabs. I'm excited to make some noise with this rig!
      Last edited by Jerzey2222; 03-23-2024, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X