Which model for coil tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which model for coil tap?

Hello! First post here, thanks for approving me.

I'm playing with the idea of having a medium output single coil that would allow for coil tapping. But it's hard to find, the only ones that could do something similar are either stacked ones or the quarter pound but it seems like it would be too beefy. Hence the question: are there other models that are good for coil tap? Any insight welcome

That's the thing- there just aren't a ton of single coils models that come standard with a tap. I know the Custom Shop can build one with a tap wherever you want, though. A Custom Staggered Strat is available with a tap, as well as the Hot Strat. In these 2 cases, they don't come standard with a tap, but might have to be specially ordered.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

right. as dave said, the ssl5 or ssl6 or ssl3 are available tapped. the production tapped single coils have the tap in the middle of the coil, so 7k/14k or something like that for the custom, but thats 43 gauge wire so the 7k isnt the same as 7k of 42 gauge wire as you would usually find on a classic strat pup.

my absolute favorite single coil is the tapped '53 jb esquire bridge pup. 42 gauge wire, 6.6k tapped, 9.6k full output. i love teles but i have more strats, so i had the custom shop make me two strat versions of that pup. they are great!

Comment

Hi thanks for the replies! I'm afraid I'm a bit confused about the last reply though, what's that link "playing tips"? And what's the link with "A5 antiquity & Custom Timbucker neck wire"?​ I'm very confused ^^'
        I've researched what model the '53 jb esquire and can't find anything, mostly because research always points to the SH-4

Comment

no idea why those things are in there, i typed # 43 and # 42 without the spaces and that weirdness happened. this is the tele pup i was referring to

The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has been creating custom guitar pickups since 1976. If you dream it, we can build it.

Comment

Working...
          X