Lil' Screamin' Demon and the Lil' 59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil' Screamin' Demon and the Lil' 59

I used a Screamin' Demon in my Les Paul and liked it quite a bit. It's a great pickup. I'm thinking of installing the Lil' Screamin' Demon in the neck and pairing it with the Lil' 59 in the bridge of my Hendrix Strat.

According to Duncan, the Lil' 59 gives your Strat kind of a Les Paul tone. I would imagine the sound would thicken up considerably?

Anyone try either of these pickups in a Strat?

The Little 59 is more of a thicker LP-type sound in a strat (to my ears).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i think a lil demon neck and lil 59 bridge would be a cool combo! stock middle pup?

Comment

As long as you don't expect it to sound like your full sized demon in your LP (it will NOT) you might be fine.
        I have no issue with the neck lil/jr. buckers, but the bridge versions are really compressed and mid forward.
        They don't feel or sound anything like a full sized counterparts (open, scooped) to my ears.
        and not every LP is mid honky, so there might be a strat and LP example where they are close, but in most cases they will not.
        Definitely wasn't the case with my LP (with a SH-12) and my strat style guitar (lil demon) or tele (lil 59 for tele).

Comment

That would be a cool setup. Out of all the 'Lil hum buckers I've used (Demon, '59 and JB), the 'lil Screamin' Demon comes closest to sounding like it's full-sized big brother. Never tried the Demon in a Les Paul myself. Can't say I haven't been tempted but I really like how my LP sounds so no need to change anything.

Comment

Sounds like a good combination.
            The Lil Demon in the neck would be great in a Strat, but I might be inclined to use something a bit more gutsy in the bridge than a Lil 59...maybe something that would also sound good/better/stronger split.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I don't think I've ever liked the sound of any of the Little humbuckers split. And I love the sound of most normal humbuckers split.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X