Looking for HH Strat wiring ideas (3 push/pull pots) 3 way blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for HH Strat wiring ideas (3 push/pull pots) 3 way blade

I'm about to wire up an HH strat my buddy is building me. Looking to do JB/59 Seymour Duncan's. I've got a 3 way blade and 3 500k push pull pots. I'm looking at these 2 wiring diagrams one uses 2 push pulls and a regular pot. Let me know if y'all have done anything like this and or suggestions.

The first diagram looks like a good solution, if those are the three functions you want.

Comment

Thats picture I grabbed from an old forum post for the first diagram. From that post someone said the diagram was wrong and that's their corrected version of it. Can anyone confirm? I'm leaving more to the second diagram since from what I've heard I think I'll enjoy series / parallel most than coil split with these pickups. Also wondering if I should go with 250k vol pot or 500k with .047 cap?

Comment

The "modded" diagram is correct. The 2nd diagram would probably be my choice too. I'd probably stick with 500k pots. Cap value is personal taste, but I like .022 uf in most situations. That way, it's a bit more subtle roll-off.

You might want to wait for a couple more opinions.

Comment

Of those two diagrams, I'd also lean towards the 2nd diagram. If you wanted to put the 3rd push/pull to use, you could wire it up to be a master split. The volume pot would be the master split (the other two would be defeated with the volume pot "up").

If you're open to additional ideas, I'm a huge fan of Artie's Coil Swap Mod with Splits. It uses 2 push pulls, and effectively runs 1 coil from each humbucker in series with each other. I assume a search would return results with diagrams. I have 2 guitars wired up this way. I like to rotate the neck pickup 180-degrees (so screw coil is closer to bridge) so that the coil swap results in inner/outer modes for greatest range in tones.

Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Thanks Mike. I'll see if I can find that one in my archives.

Comment

For HH combo i always like classic Ibanez 5 way switches; It goes like this;
              Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jemsite.com%2Fattachments%2Frg1620x-gif.18995%2F&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f5b9f060977248ec37662260fa1be9090ffbba1db58e02fc5b79091a59efe47a&ipo=images.gif
Views:	28
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	6275376

It gives you enough options between tones and great versatility.
              Attached Files
              Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

I can't edit on the post above but nevermind the attached image while it is also good.

BTW check this out: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...h-with-duncans
                Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                X