Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with telecaster texas specials

Hello everybody,

I have this telecaster texas special neck pickup that I want to install on a fretless guitar ... There is 3 wire : the yellow, black and white one.
    I don't know who is going where and I'm going mad. I think I tried every combinaisons but there is always something wrong (no or very little and weak sound).
    I don't think the pickups are out of phase because the other one work perfectly (the bridge texas specials).

Is anybody could tell me please where to solder the 3 wires? I know the classic fender shematic but it's wired for a 4 way switch I think but, I got a 3 way switch with 4 legs on each side (see picture below).

I think the white one goes on the switch and the yellow to ground but the black one ? I don't know. And then I might be wrong about the white and yellow wires.
    For the bridge pickup, it's yellow on switch and black to ground.

Thank you very much

classic tele wiring is a three way switch. do you have a meter? the three wires should be start, finish, and cover ground.

Comment

I had Tele Texas Special PU's in a white Tele... American Special. On the neck PU, if memory serves me, white and black are the coil wires and yellow is the cover ground. If the white wire is used as the hot on the switch, black must go to ground with the yellow wire.
      Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

I tried the white to switch and black/yellow to ground I have to raise the volume a lot to have a sound compared to the bridge pickup that is going very well, is my neck pickup out of phase ?

The problem is not the switch because I swaped the pickup on the switch and I have the same situation.

Comment

out of phase only matters when both pups are on, if there is a volume difference between the two pups when used individually, phase isnt the issue.

what bridge pup are you using?

Comment

The telecaster texas special bridge pickup. I have no issue with it but with the texas specals neck pickup I have to raise the volume way too high to have a sound.

Comment

Hmm, that shouldn't be an issue. I would check the output of the pickup first my measuring the DCR with a meter. Then look at the wiring to make sure everything is OK. There shouldn't be an imbalance like that.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X