SSL-5 with Texas Specials.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL-5 with Texas Specials.

I want to try a SSL-5 (bridge) with some Texas Specials. Is there anything that I need to know? The SSL-5 will be installed on a 2009 American Special Strat. Anyone using this combination? Your thoughts?

you have to switch wires on the Duncan to be in phase, as far as i know.
    Never owned the Texas Specials, but i read they are supposed to come with quite some midrange.
    If that is true, this will be a great match

Comment

yeah, i think just flipping the wires on the duncan will bring things in phase and youll be good. should be a fine set!

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
        you have to switch wires on the Duncan to be in phase, as far as i know.
        Never owned the Texas Specials, but i read they are supposed to come with quite some midrange.
        If that is true, this will be a great match
        My thoughts, exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          yeah, i think just flipping the wires on the duncan will bring things in phase and youll be good. should be a fine set!
          Thanks!

Comment

One thing I failed to mention. It has the Greasebucket circuit. Will the install still be the same?

Comment

should be, yes. i believe that is a global thing so doesnt effect the individual pup wiring

Comment

Sounds like a good combo. I've always preferred a little extra juice in a Strat bridge.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                X