X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single coil in a HH pickguard

Hello,
    My question is kind of pickup related:

I have installed a single coil pickup in a humbucker slot, it fit but I have a question: will it mess with the acoustic of the guitar and the pickguard because of the gap created by the single coil instead of the humbucker?
    Does the pickguard in supposed to be "filled" everywhere like does it matter if there is a gap or hole created by the single coil little size compared to the humbucker ?
    Thank you

I don't see a reason why it would create a problem, other than it looking a little bit silly and potentially letting a bit more dust in the socket. You could probably swap the pickguard in the long run so it looks a bit neater.

Perhaps it will marginally increase your sustain because now you only have the magnetic strength of one coil pulling on the strings.

Comment

It won't effect your sound at all in any way.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

guitar fetish makes an adaptor ring
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
        X