Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help IDing a SD pickup

Hi everyone! First post.

I'm doing a pickup swap on a strat I recently built because the original pickups I'd chosen were not to my liking. I'd had my eye on the SD SSL-6 for a while now, and I figured it would work great with the 10-16 fretboard radius of this strat.

I found a pair of used SSL-6s, but I decided I wanted the RWRP middle version, so I've bought that new (and am still waiting for it to arrive). My concern is that the two used SSL-6s I bought look completely different from each other. And I don't yet have the middle to compare.

Running an ohm meter across these I get around 13.1 ohms, which seems right. I just want to make sure I have the real deal. Thanks!

ive never seen a ssl6 with the normal flanged strat base or a taped coil, always the oval one with the exposed coil. doesnt mean that might not be an oem or something. the pic of the labels is too small for me to read them.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      ive never seen a ssl6 with the normal flanged strat base or a taped coil, always the oval one with the exposed coil. doesnt mean that might not be an oem or something. the pic of the labels is too small for me to read them.
      Thanks for looking!

The sticker on the regular one says:
      I44OW 20230606
      SSL-6

The flange one says:
      I3UNM 20220802
      SSL-6 BPV

They both have a "6" embossed into the bottom near the center of the base.
      Last edited by cydewaze; 04-14-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Also, I just ran across this pic on Google. They're 5s, but it's a very similar look to the regular one.

Now I'm going to look for one like the flange one.
        Last edited by cydewaze; 04-14-2024, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Alright, the seller said that this pickup came out of a Charvel Pro Mod. Looking at pics, the SSH version of that guitar has an SSL-6 neck and middle pup, and they both look like the flange base one, so I think I'm good.

Comment

What we really want to know is...how does it sound?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              What we really want to know is...how does it sound?
              I'm still waiting for the new middle pup to arrive, then I can assemble it and test.

Comment

Yeah, wow. These sound fantastic. I'm super happy. These were the pickups this guitar was meant to have.

Comment

sweet! glad you like the new pups

Comment

Working...
                  X