lil' Humbucker similar to Seth Lover Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil' Humbucker similar to Seth Lover Bridge

I'm looking to swap out the bridge humbucker in my Strat (swamp ash body, roasted maple neck). It's currently loaded with Antiquity Texas Hots; but looking for a humbucker bridge for heavy blues and classic rock that won't completely overpower the single coils. Unfortunately, it's routed for SSS, so looking for a lil' Humbucker. I really like the tone and versatility of the Seth Lover Bridge so looking for something in that vicinity. Eventually I'll probably route it out for HSS and put a nickel covered full size HB; but for now, the easy button is to drop in a lil' HB.

No lil is gonna sound like a Seth. The best you can do is choose the output, the pole style, and the magnet. For output, you could go lower to make it sound more vintagey like the Seth. Poles, I might choose screws since they're bitey-er. Magnet, basically if you want alnico the options you have are the A5 red devil or the A2 lil pearly gates. I might choose alnico over ceramic.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      No lil is gonna sound like a Seth. The best you can do is choose the output, the pole style, and the magnet. For output, you could go lower to make it sound more vintagey like the Seth. Poles, I might choose screws since they're bitey-er. Magnet, basically if you want alnico the options you have are the A5 red devil or the A2 lil pearly gates. I might choose alnico over ceramic.
      I think the Red Devil may be too hot; but am considering the Lil' Pearly. What are your thoughts on the little 78?

Comment

I forgot about that one. That's a good idea. You could get the neck model to be more vintage-y.
        Last edited by Clint 55; 04-19-2024, 07:21 PM.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I have a Strat with a Cool Rails neck pickup in the bridge and it sounds pretty decent. Of the mini buckers I have tried this one is staying in this guitar. It is a bright but rolling the tone back back beefs it up real nice like.

Comment

You could probably get a Lil version of the Seth through the Custom Shop.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

id guess a neck version of something to keep the output down and the tone a bit brighter. ive never tried a lil 78 but that might be a good option. also the lil screamin demon might be another option since its not as middy as some of the lil buckers

Comment

Working...
              X