Tele mini-humbucker Bridge plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele mini-humbucker Bridge plate?

I need to get my Nashville Tele, (Brent Mason-ish), project done. I've got the 920D Custom pickguard and control plate, and the "Seymourized" SM-3n for the neck. I was thinking that an SM-3b might be sweet in the bridge. But mini-hum Tele bridges seem to be (very) few and far between. I'm only finding a couple in search's, and one is prohibitively expensive, and the other looks cheap and from questionable sources.

I'm afraid that using a mini-hum adapter in a hb'er Tele bridge plate, would look "cheap-ish."

Is this really that rare? Am I looking in all the wrong places?

I've got a JD in another Tele, so I want something different in this one. A pair of mini-hum's seems like a cool idea.

I'm not sure what I'm putting in the middle yet. I've got a CS Lil' PG that might be cool in there.

Anyone seen, or know a source, for a mini-hum Tele bridge?​

Edit: This might be more appropriate in "The Guitar Shop." Mods: feel free to move.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-23-2024, 07:17 AM.

I went through this a while back when I was experimenting with Firebird pickups. The only decent one for a reasonable price I was able to find was from a builder on Etsy.

Comment

Thanks. I saw that, but I'm a bit apprehensive about using Etsy. I've read that you can order one thing, and get another. Has anyone used Etsy, and confirm if they're legit?

Comment

You could do a cut tele bridge and a mount ring.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

That bridge looks mighty flimsy/thin, especially since it's aluminum. And at that price I would stay far away from it (whether it was on Etsy or any well respected site).
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

And, it's "handmade"!?
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I've ordered artwork on Etsy, but not guitar parts. Seems like a weird place to list parts, but maybe if he makes them himself, he sees them as art.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                That bridge looks mighty flimsy/thin, especially since it's aluminum.
                My thoughts exactly. And I'm not crazy about the three saddles setup.

I can bend, and cut my own aluminum.

Comment

Ok sorry, I was just trying to help. I’ve ordered several music related items off Etsy before and I’ve never had a problem. It’s not just art stuff. There’s builders on there making all kinds of parts for guitars. My most recent purchase was a custom pick guard that I needed for a bass. It was very well made. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernautilus View Post
                    Ok sorry, I was just trying to help.
                    No prob man. I appreciate it. Still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                      You could do a cut tele bridge and a mount ring.
                      I thought about that too. I might go that route.

Comment

Working...
                      X