If you had to wire this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to wire this:

how would you do it? It's not my guitar and I have no intention of making one, but I also can't really think of a way to make a wiring make sense in my hear.

What do y'all think? Best I have is a four way switch and master vol, master tone
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

i wouldnt really want that setup, but that aside, i have a few ideas. 10 way freeway switch would give a lot of options, other controls would depend on how it was wired. another thought would be a normal 5 way for the strat pups, master volume, p/p master tone, then a blend for the second neck pup. id wire the p/p to bypass the blend pot and put the second neck pup in series with one of the other pups

Comment

You might look at the original Steve Morse Music Man, which has 4 pickups and a convoluted wiring scheme that actually makes sense if you spend time with it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        You might look at the original Steve Morse Music Man, which has 4 pickups and a convoluted wiring scheme that actually makes sense if you spend time with it.
        I see it now. So the blade controls neck/middle/bridge. Then it has a bridge-on switch and it has an extra switch that is stock/4th pickup-on/4th pickup solo. Not too crazy I guess.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

I'm with Jeremy - that sounds like a useful and easily navigable arrangement.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I think I would keep this simple. Standard Strat wiring, (with 2nd tone for the bridge), and then use the switch to select which neck pup.

Comment

I was also thinking something along those lines, except possibly using a toggle switch to select which middle pickup

Comment

See this is now getting me thinking about trying out an Emerald/Purple Dually in the neck, a Gold in the middle, and a Burgundy in the bridge of a Strat. It would be wired with a 5 way switch and a toggle to select between the middle pickup (electrically) being the Gold or the Emerald.

So switch off would be:
                1. Burgundy
                2. Burgundy||Gold
                3. Gold
                4. Purple||Gold
                5. Purple
                With the switch on it would be:
                1. Burgundy
                2. Burgundy||Emerald
                3. Emerald
                4. Purple||Emerald
                5. Purple
                ​​Now all that's left to do is find the time, money, and motivation to bring it to life.
                Last edited by Chistopher; 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X