Noiseless Eric Johnson bridge tone ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noiseless Eric Johnson bridge tone ??

I have been using the Custom Stack Plus STK-S6 in the bridge, great rock single coil sound, it balances well with SSL-1 in neck and middle. But some times I miss the chimey SSL-1 bridge sound in the bridge for nice Eric Johnson tones, the problem is when you EQ for the bridge the SSL-1 in the neck is a little dark, so I am looking for a bridge pickupg for strat that gets me back closer into the EJ tone territory and still balances well with the SSL-1 neck and middle, noisless would be breat.

Any experience in that regard? How about Duncan's Vintage Hot Strat Plus (STK-S7) in the bridge? Are there any sound clips of this in the bridge position? All I find is examples in the neck position.
    Who took my guitar?

I was actually going to say STK-S7. It's not entirely unlike the Antiquity 2 Custom Bridge pickup. Have you considered keeping the setup you have now but add a tone control to the bridge?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      I was actually going to say STK-S7. It's not entirely unlike the Antiquity 2 Custom Bridge pickup. Have you considered keeping the setup you have now but add a tone control to the bridge?
      Did you mean adding a tone control to the SSL1 in the bridge? If that is what you mean I completly forgot about that, I gues you are suggestiing to balance the EQ between neck and bridge SSL-1. But honestly I would rather try a noisless option, you were thinking of the STK-S7 too. Any video with sounds at the bridge position?
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

A couple weeks ago I put a STK-7 in the bridge of one of my Strats and like it a lot. For me it’s right in the sweet spot of still having Strat qualities but also handles some gain really well.

Comment

I don't know of any and a Google search didn't yield anything, but I would say it's about halfway between a S4 and S6. The S6 is a very overwound S4, the S7 is a moderately overwound S4.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Well, in his '57 he has a DiMarzio HS-2 wired for single coil operation, second tone control for the bridge. I don't know what would be a similar noiseless option. Wiring a stack so it can be switched to parallel?
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

old school stacks in parallel usually dont sound great.

i think the stks7 is a great option. i ran stks4n, stks4m, stks7 in a strat and loved it!

Comment

Working...
              X