Trembucker for Godin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker for Godin

I am looking for a pickup to replace the bridge humbucker on my Godin SD.
    The string spacing is 52mm
    The Current pickup is a G&B brand and has 2 mounting screws on each side about 9mm apart from centre to centre.
    A trembucker seems to have 3 screw holes 2 of which that would line up with the holes in my pickguard.
    Would a trembucker work for me in this case?
    Thanks, Bryan

welcome to the forum!

those extra holes on a trembucker are not usually threaded, though i assume they could be. it might be easier to get a new set of pickup rings with your new pickup

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      welcome to the forum!
      Thanks!

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      those extra holes on a trembucker are not usually threaded, though i assume they could be. it might be easier to get a new set of pickup rings with your new pickup
      The pickups on this guitar are mounted in the pickguard so there are no rings.

​Below is an image

Comment

ah, gotcha. id think you could thread the outside holes on a trembucker and that would work, but again, ive never tried it.

Comment

I believe the 2 screws per side is to allow you to tilt the bridge pickup if desired, As there can be an extreme angle to the strings there?

What is the purpose of them on the Seymour duncan?

Comment

i have no idea what the extra holes on trembuckers are for. might be for some oem stuff so they dont need a different baseplate?

Comment

I don't even think those will line up with the holes in the baseplate. You might have to switch out the baseplate of the Duncan, or get another pickguard (or drill even more holes in the current one).
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I don't even think those will line up with the holes in the baseplate. You might have to switch out the baseplate of the Duncan, or get another pickguard (or drill even more holes in the current one).
                I looked at the diagram on the seymour duncan site and the holes are spaced approx .34 inches and the holes on my guitar are approx .35 so it may work?

Comment

If you try, I'd be interested in the result. I don't know why Godin decided to go with something that isn't standard. Actually, Godin's is a better idea, but they may be the only one doing it.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X