Coil Split and phase wiring without Series wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Split and phase wiring without Series wiring diagram

I'm new to the forum and apologies if this has been requested already. I have a new set of SD '59's with 4-conductor wiring. Is there a wiring diagram that would allow me to use push pull pots for coil split on each, and phase wiring, but not the series? I like the sounds of the split and phasing, but not the series. It would be the "Jimmy Page" without the series, basically. Thank you in advance for helping.

Welcome to the forum.

I would just use the JP wiring scheme and skip the series switch.

Comment

The final choice of how you wire must be yours but I can't resist chipping in.

After many years of trying different versions of wiring 4 push pulls, my preference is for parallel wiring with Artie's coil swap Although you cannot get one pup alone split you can get, in addition to the various other options, both split together both in series and in parallel. This uses both slug and screwcoil on both pups.

Like you I am not enamoured of Humbuckers in Series so the 4th PP is usually OOP. Although on 2 of my guitars I have opted for Series/OOP combined . A great and very usable sound
      Last edited by Gstring; 05-03-2024, 08:34 AM.

Comment

FWIW out of phase AND in series I found to be one of the more useful JP settings. Sounds very Strat-like. Out of phase by itself was thin and not very useful IME. But if you already like it, go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          FWIW out of phase AND in series I found to be one of the more useful JP settings. Sounds very Strat-like. Out of phase by itself was thin and not very useful IME. .......
          As stated in my earlier post, absolutely agree. Doing this with one push pull also gives you more options for other 3.

Comment

Working...
          X