Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Dirty Fingers?

So how are these?

I dig Gibson pickups for the most part. The 500T is probably my all-time fave pickup for a Les Paul-type guitar.

How is the Dirty Fingers? Is it worth giving it a try?

For context, I don't really like dark-sounding pickups like the Invader. I prefer tight, bright-sounding cutting pickups. Will I like the Dirty Fingers?

Thanks!

Dirty Fingers are very cool but if you want some awesome hot Gibson pickups look for the Bill Lawrence designed Velvet Bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Dirty Fingers are very cool but if you want some awesome hot Gibson pickups look for the Bill Lawrence designed Velvet Bricks.

https://www.vintageguitarandbass.com...lvet_brick.php
      But what are those like? No real comparison between it an anything else, LOL.

Not sure I'd be into buying vintage pickups. They can get expensive, and it's likely they'll need repoting or are broken altogether, no?

Comment

I don't think you'll like them. What it sounds like you want is a Full Shred.

I think DF's are great. But I also like an X2N. They are fat, loud, and articulate. Did I mention loud? Triple magnets. Really built for very distorted amps IMO.

Listen to Whitesnake's 1987 platter. That is Sykes and DF's all over it.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
        X