Antiquity Promotional Movie/Video - Serious WOW Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity Promotional Movie/Video - Serious WOW Factor

Oh... my... gosh... I'm late to check it out but this video roped me in. One view and I ordered my Antiquities for my 77 LP Standard. What a great production, player, tone etc.
    Each Seymour Duncan Antiquity humbucker is built in our Custom Shop and aged both cosmetically and magnetically to simulate the wear and tear that a pickup g...

I've had lots of pickups in my LP but I think the Antiquities will find a forever home in it
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Great pickups. Great demo. Video seems to have some flaws, for example, it says "Bridge Pickup" but it's clearly switched to the neck and certainly sounds like the neck to me.

Comment

i assume the switch is just wired upside down. the "bridge" sounds like bridge to me, and vise versa.

funny enough ive never seen this, but i have a hamer monaco elite with antiquitys in it!

Comment

I have non-aged Ants in my Gibson Howard Roberts, and they are magnificent.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I have non-aged Ants in my Gibson Howard Roberts, and they are magnificent.
          I agree! I got the non-aged also.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            funny enough ive never seen this, but i have a hamer monaco elite with antiquitys in it!
            Well, I didn't know that the Antiquity bridge has extra windings. Duh.

Comment

Got the Antiquities today and installed them immediately, of course
              My existing set was a C5/PGN which doesn't suck - but I *needed* to try the Antiquities. In this LP, I've also had a JB bridge, Seth Lover bridge, Custom bridge, 59 bridge, Jazz bridge pickup in the neck position, 59 neck and a few more. All have their own individual attributes.
              Here are my initial thoughts in contrast with a Marshall Studio Vintage amp and Greenback speaker:
              I really like the the low midrange with crunchy chords. Not quite like the Seth Lover - a little thicker with less of that nasally midrange which I really like in the Seth Lover. The Antiquities make you work a little more for that snarl (for soloing), in the mids but that can also be considered as dynamics, I reckon. The 59 bridge is a lot of fun but I like the low mids and the smoother high notes with the Antiquities. The higher notes in the bridge are a little softer than the C5 and quite a bit softer than the 59. I am a big fan of the JB, especially in my Telecaster, but I wanted something with vintage mojo for this 1977 LP.
              Regarding the neck pickup, I really like the 59s but they seem to get a bit boomy with my old school (reissue) Marshall amps. Otherwise, the 59 is great, in my opinion. Very musical. Great for clean and great for higher gain scream. The new Antiquity sounds similar to the PGN but it might be a bit smoother/rounder. I would have been fine with the Pearly Gates but I'm pretty sure the Antiquity is going to be fine and I like the idea of the matched pair.
              I'm looking forward to hearing this guitar in a Fender Deluxe Reverb soon. I'm sure it's going to shine.
              Lots of quality and quantity time with these pickups are needed, but, I can honestly say that I'm inspired. Thanks, Seymour Duncan and MJ, for creating such a great product.

Comment

Thank you for the review! I think you like yours as much as I like mine!
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X