Looking for Seymour’s equivalent to Gibson’s 57 classic and classic plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Seymour’s equivalent to Gibson’s 57 classic and classic plus

I’ve got two Gibsons - an ES335 and a Gibson SG with Gibson ‘57 classic in the neck and Gibson ‘57 classic plus in the bridge.

i have another ES335 and SG that I plan to use as a backup and want to achieve the same tone with Duncan pickups, without paying $300+ for a Gibson ‘57 and ‘57 plus…

What would you recommend as a Duncan equivalent?

Thanks!
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

I am not fond of the 57classic. It seems i even have a very very early one wound with plain enamel instead of todays tanned poly wire. Its a bit congested in the low mids and less clear than i like.
    Nevertheless my advise would be a pair of Seth Lover pickups.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 05-05-2024, 02:09 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Wouldn’t the Alnico II Pros be a better match? The Seth’s sound great but they are not wax potted while the 57 classics are.

Comment

You can order the Seths with wax if you want.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
          I’ve got two Gibsons - an ES335 and a Gibson SG with Gibson ‘57 classic in the neck and Gibson ‘57 classic plus in the bridge.

i have another ES335 and SG that I plan to use as a backup and want to achieve the same tone with Duncan pickups, without paying $300+ for a Gibson ‘57 and ‘57 plus…

What would you recommend as a Duncan equivalent?

Thanks!
          I have 57 Classics and love them. I also have an SG that has a CUSTOM CUSTOM loaded in the bridge position. I have taken that pickup in and out swapping it with one of my spare 57 Classics. The CC rolled back to like 9 sounds just like the Classic 57 and on 10 just a bit hotter, I think it would be a great replacement for the Classic +.

The neck, I would try the Alnico II Pro, but not the SLASH version.

Comment

Originally posted by bubs_42 View Post

I have 57 Classics and love them. I also have an SG that has a CUSTOM CUSTOM loaded in the bridge position. I have taken that pickup in and out swapping it with one of my spare 57 Classics. The CC rolled back to like 9 sounds just like the Classic 57 and on 10 just a bit hotter, I think it would be a great replacement for the Classic +.

The neck, I would try the Alnico II Pro, but not the SLASH version.
            Second this.

CC - APH1 in the SG and Pearly Gates set in the 335.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to closely about getting them identical. A set of Seths, PGs, A2 Pros, or any of Seymour Duncan's alnico 2 PAF designs will get you close enough considering that the rest of your signal chain will be unchanged
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
              X