LesPaul HH (SH-11 + Alnico II Pro) with 4 push/pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LesPaul HH (SH-11 + Alnico II Pro) with 4 push/pulls

I have a LesPaul with a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck.

I have push/pulls in both, volumes (2) and tones (2).

First I though in having the volumes to push/pull to the default series/parallel and the tones to push/pull to single, but specifically the Custom Custom to the "single" in the up part and the Alnico II pro to the "single" in the down part - splitting to the center.

3 way default switch. Not really sure it is possible, but if not, can someone suggest something with the series/parallel in the volumes push/pull and something else with the tones?

Welcome to the forum.

I did a version of Jimmy Page wiring scheme that was kind of reverse of that, where the volumes were series/parallel and the tones were split. My method disabled split if the pickups were in parallel. I don't get what you mean about CC split up and A2P split down "splitting to the center"

This is my scheme (you'll have to ignore the phase/pickup series on the extra two switches - those were on the pickguard)

Comment

That was my problem, the parallel, when doing a split together, would cause a "short-circuit" when by-passing one of the "singles" - then in parallel with the other "single", what would short-circuit them all. Your model solves that.

My point in the split is that you can use any of the two "singles". The one up or the one down, get it? You can see the humbuker as two singles, so I wish to use the single down in the neck and the single up in the bridge - that's the split on PRS guitars.

I wish for something "more middle"; I do have a Stratocaster HH that does the opposite, because the split "to the edges" sound more Stratocaster - I did actually put the neck humbuker upside down to have that.

I will use your model, but when splitting, in your model, are you always using the "bottom single"? I'm not sure I'm expressing myself well here. But if it is that I will probably try the bridge humbuker upside down.

Anyway, I do appreciate for the help.

Comment

Sounds like you want the Triple Shot style wiring. That is different. That's done like this (just split each switch into two switches if you want to separate the bridge split from the neck split)

Comment

Triple Shot really "sounds what I want" ... but I'm not sure how to separate the humbukers. I don't feel safe defining that by myself.

I do get "the divide", just one half to each split separated, but to connect to each other, the toggle switch and the output jack ... I don't really feel safe.
          Last edited by ramon.hugo; 05-16-2024, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I used a wiring similar to Beau Brummels some years back in a couple of my guitars but had just one PP do the coil cut. The other PP gave combined Series/OOP, a sound I like a lot.. I later changed the wiring so that the split was disabled when the pups were in series as I preferred the series plus split sound, Even later I changed the wiring again. I rewired the "split" PP to give Artie's coil swap'. This is now my favourite 4 PP option. Although you cannot get individual splits, you can get slug and coil from each pup both in series and in parallel.

The pups in one guitar are a Custom Custom and a 59.. The other guitar has Iron Gear Dirty Torque and Blues Engine which are basically clones of a JB and Tonerider A4.
            Last edited by Gstring; 05-17-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Ok Beau Brummels​, I'm going for "what I can handle". Considering the first scheme, without the two extras push/pull knobs, should I wire the white wire from the switch (neck) to the green (in the push/pull) or the red (in the capacitor) wire? And should I wire the yellow wire from the switch (bridge) to the white (in the push/pull) of the black (in the capacitor) wire?

Comment

Is this correct for a triple shot separated?

Click image for larger version

Name:	triple_shot.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	6281404

Comment

The tones seems to be in parallel; it seems wrong.
                  Can someone help me here?

Comment

Originally posted by ramon.hugo View Post
                    Ok Beau Brummels​, I'm going for "what I can handle". Considering the first scheme, without the two extras push/pull knobs, should I wire the white wire from the switch (neck) to the green (in the push/pull) or the red (in the capacitor) wire? And should I wire the yellow wire from the switch (bridge) to the white (in the push/pull) of the black (in the capacitor) wire?
                    If you are doing the Jimmy Page thing without the pickguard series/phase switches on my original, you would have the bridge middle volume lug black wire go straight to the bridge lug of the toggle switch, and the neck middle volume lug red wire go straight to the neck side of the toggle switch.

Comment

Found this in an old thread. Is this one correct?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ramon.hugo View Post
                        Found this in an old thread. Is this one correct?
                        Hermetico's drawings are usually spot on pretty good. That is basically just using push-pulls as Triple Shots, though he made it a little more complicated than I think it needs to be.

Basically same as this, except each half of the push-pulls are split out to 2 separate vol/tone push-pulls.

Comment

Working...
                        X