banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one here talking about Hot Chicken Tele pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strat dude View Post
    A quote from GW.

“In the early 80s, we designed a stacked Strat pickup. Based on feedback of the Strat pickup, we're like, ‘Hey, that sounds like it would make an awesome Tele pickup,’” says Seymour Duncan. “We're not trying to make it sound like a Strat, but [use] these same characteristics that are working well for the modern country player.” zz0.e47d7g3egoizz

so I’m just wondering as the DC is quite high in the Tele pups, but not available for the Strat pups. Are these made like the YJM’s with the older tech?
    I love my YJMs so I have no problem with that. But I would like to see specs on the Strat pups too.
    You know, I am not really sure. It would be something to ask SD themselves, if it isn't a trade secret. Either way, if it is a great sounding pickup with no hum, I am all for it.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Some thoughts on the Hot Tele set (Copied this from another thread I posted this on)

Got the Hot Chicken set yesterday and got them installed, the only issue I had installing them was the neck pickup screws were not the right ones the set only provided the wood screws as if I were screwing into the body, I had to run out and buy some 6-32 screws and trim them to the right size. The bridge screws are ok but did bottom out so I thought just as I got to where I wanted to set them but turns out the tubing was compressed to the max, I'll trim them another time!

It was late so I briefly tested the guitar out and one of the first things I noticed was how quiet these pickups are even with a lot of gain on the amp, this set still sounds like a Tele, the bridge is fatter and hotter but not over the top the 23K DCR is deceiving you would think it will be a lot more powerful and compressed but the Tele bridge tone is still there. The neck pickup is a bit warmer and fatter but like the bridge pup it's Tele character is still there but just a bigger tone, definitely glad I got these and so far so good now I just got to find some time this weekend to rock out!!​

Comment

with that dck, they are definitely the old stack technology like the yjm or hot stack (not +), rather than the new stack+ type. sounds good to me!

Comment

I wonder how they compare to other noise-cancelling Tele pickups...

Comment

So someone needs to do a comparo vid - Lace Sensor, Fender Noiseless, Hot Chicken, and Bill Lawrence.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

oops I accidentaly ordered the strat neck pickup, I have been hoping to find the perfect mach for a YJM Fury bridge pickup. I am not going to buy the set and I have the SD vintage stack in two teles already and find it perfect, so unless another Tele comes along..... and it may. I could do a comparo of a few neck pickups if there is interest. I have fender vintage and hot noiseless, Dimarzio Area 58, VV DP401 and HS2 & HS3, Lace Emerald, SD STK S4 a Kinnman of some kind,cool rails and hot stack. If folks are interested. BTW that Fury is an awesome bridge pickup and I can play country to YJM on it.

Comment

id love to hear a run down of those pups, im sure others would too

Comment

I am sure Reverb or Warmoth are working on it as we speak.

Comment

So when I get the Hot chicken in the guitar will Be the Fury and the Chicken. That just strikes me as funny.

Comment

None of my Telecasters sound like Telecasters and that is the way I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        None of my Telecasters sound like Telecasters and that is the way I like it

My Fave Tele has a Gibby style mini hum in the bridge and sounds fatastic,

Comment

Working...
                        X