New Jeff Loomis passive set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jeff Loomis passive set

Just saw this! The EQ difference in the 6 and 7 string set is very different.

"Inspired by his early experiences with passive pickups" but then features an A8 magnet?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Mid output bridge and 7K-ish neck... I mean, I'm interested. I like Loomis. But those don't seem like my kinds of pickups.

Comment

I thought for sure they would be super hot pickups!

Comment

Originally posted by Coryd View Post
          I thought for sure they would be super hot pickups!
          Same. IIRC, he mentioned on the interview for his Blackouts that he first tried the Distortion.

Plus the way they describe his 6 string bridge pickup as "smooth and fat"... yeah, probably not my kind of pickup.

Comment

Funny how these guys known for using actives, aftrr many years are going back to passives.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
              Funny how these guys known for using actives, aftrr many years are going back to passives.
              I haven't tried the Loomis Blackouts, but the regular Blackouts are certainly not like the classic EMG's or like Fishman Moderns. Dare I say they're more passive-like. They've certainly not got the low-end rolloff that EMG's and Fishman Moderns have whatsoever. They're just super duper hot.
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-21-2024, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Just watched the video, and apparently, he went back to passives because at a live show, he was having technical issues with his guitar (I guess his battery ran out, LOL), and so he grabbed a backup guitar with passives, and he liked them.

He said he'll still be using actives to track stuff at the studio, but passives live.

He mentions he likes the Alpha and Omega set, so I guess that's where his 12K bridge 8K neck comes from.
                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-21-2024, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Gotta say, we all know he's a great lead player, but I think often his rhythms are overlooked. He's a MONSTER rhythm player as well.
                  Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-22-2024, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Im pretty interested in this set. I thought the Alpha/Omega had a decent tone however, seemed a bit too modern for my taste.
                    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Working...
                    X