Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Big Apple Strat

Asking for a friend…(seriously).
    He got two Pearly Gates Plus in Parchment in his drawer, both from the same time period. His memory tells him they were pulled off one Big Apple Strat. My search here says a BA Strat should carry one PG+ and one 59NRP both in parchment.
    Anyone knows about the BA Strat?
    He metered both. One has 8.6 k and 8.1k. WTF?
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Just curious, what is NRP?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I guess neck, reverse polarity?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You are correct. They came stock with a PGb+ and a 59Nrp. That's a really nice setup too.

Comment

And that's because PG+ have reverse polarity right?
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I don't think so. They are same as the PGb but with an A5 magnet. I forget why the 59n was rp.

Comment

so they could do fancy 5way switching and keep things in phase

Comment

I have one of these with a hard tail-great guitar! I replaced the PG+ with a 59/Custom hybrid however, it looks sort of odd in white. I wish they made that pickup in parchment.
                Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

I always thought the PG+ was RP, to get along with normal Fender pickups. What does the 5 way switch do in the 2HB Big Apples?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

my recollection... which is hazy at best, is that fender used the pg+ initially on the lonestar hss strat and big apple hh strats. its in phase with fender texas specials, which is what they used in the lonestar. in the big apple strat i think it was this:

neck series
                    neck screw coil
                    both pups (individually in series) in parallel
                    both stud coils in parallel
                    bridge series

Comment

Working...
                    X