Older pickup inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older pickup inquiry

Long story short, I picked up a 1998 strat yesterday with some older sd pickups.
    I think the bridge is a Duckbucker and the neck is a Connie Rocha ssl-1.
    Because I am a geek, I would like to confirm this and possibly pin down a year of manufacture.

Its a little bit harder to tell with single coil pickups. So i say, before 2001 for the ssl 1 and for the Duckbucker whenever it was introduced (the pat. was filed 1995 and granted 1996) to 2001.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 05-25-2024, 07:13 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Everything is wired to a master volume, so very harsh and bright.
      After bringing the wiring back to stock, I plan to keep the ssl in the neck, move the Duckbucker to the middle, and an American standard humbucker in the bridge.

Comment

Keep in mind that your Am Std humbucker might be out of phase with the other 2, so you will have to swap its hot & ground.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you very much for that information, I had no idea.
          I am very basic in my knowledge of such things.
          Is there a way to check that?
          I will certainly research this now.
          I have a Pearly Gates set in another guitar, would that bridge match better?
          I am just trying to put something cool together out of parts I have on hand.
          Have a good day

Comment

the pearly gates is one of my favorite buckers in a strat, so i would absolutely go that way if it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Willmunny View Post
              Thank you very much for that information, I had no idea.
              I am very basic in my knowledge of such things.
              Is there a way to check that?
              I will certainly research this now.
              I have a Pearly Gates set in another guitar, would that bridge match better?
              I am just trying to put something cool together out of parts I have on hand.
              Have a good day
              The American Standard humbucker is probably fine, and if you already have it, you don't have to buy anything. Just as a rule, Duncans and Fenders are out of phase, as there is no standard phase relationship between companies.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you for helping me learn something.

Comment

Working...
                X