1P10T switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1P10T switch wiring

I bought a few ten-way switches for a varitone experiment. It has five terminals per side of the switch instead of the 5/6 in the picture. I have one input and nine outputs attached to capacitors. What I am noticing is in two positions there's no output and only four of the nine selections work. The wiper looks like it bridges two opposite terminals at a time 1/5 or 2/4, etc. How can I wire this for the most unique combinations because only four selections out of ten positions isn't very useful. Can I cut the wiper so it doesn't bridge two terminals at a time?
    Attached Files

Can't see enough of the switch to determine exactly how it works...that plate is in the way of seeing all of the wiper.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Cutting one arm off the wiper may not be a good idea as to make a "good contact" the wiper may need to have pressure on both ends. A single wiper may have a bit of wobble. If the wiper can be removed, it should be possible to replace one of the contacts with an appropriate plastic nut and bolt or similar, which would solve the problem. Sadly, most switches are not built to be taken apart.

Comment

Working...
      X