Wiring diagram help - 2 humbuckers, 3 way toggle, no volume, no tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram help - 2 humbuckers, 3 way toggle, no volume, no tone

I need help with a wiring diagram, can't seem to find the old post I referenced, but I would like to wire my Nazgul/Sentient with no volume, no tone using a 3 way toggle. I had this setup on an older 8 string but I sold that guitar a while ago and I would like to replicate.

This wiring was done in 2014 so I don't remember any details.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1716720795148.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	6281157

The "hots" (black) from the pickups to to the switchable contacts on the switch.

The central, or common, or output contact on the switch goes straight to the output socket "hot" or tip contact

The pickup grounds (green) and the output socket ground can all be grounded at the switch ground, or you can run the pickup grounds to the output socket ground (sleeve) contact, or you can just solder all three grounds together. The switch ground is really optional, a leftover from Switchcraft switches originally being used for other purposes. You must have a ground connection between both the pickup grounds and the output socket ground, however, or you won't get a signal.

Assuming you don't want coil splits, solder the red and white on each pickup to each other and insulate the ends. Heat shrink is best, insulating tape will do. Do not, however, solder the red and/or white on one pickup to the red and/or white on another or to ground.​

Comment

Working...
    X