SD JB Trembucker Wiring vs. Schaller Megaswitch E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD JB Trembucker Wiring vs. Schaller Megaswitch E

Hi All, Hoping for your help here. I've searched the forum but not found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm wiring up an HSS strat with a JB in the bridge and two standard Fender Single Coils (middle p/u is RWRP). I'm struggling to match Seymour Duncan's Humbucker Wire Coding against Schaller's odd wire terminology for the Megaswitch E I'm using.

Now I've manage to figure out that what Schaller calls the "outer coil" is what the Duncan Diagram below calls the "South Pole", and thus "inner coil" being north. But I'm struggling to understand which wire from the Schaller diagram is which wire from the SD Diagram. I'm trying to utilize the HSS5 pickup configuration (shown below) however I'm trying to figure out which color wire on the pickup corresponds to the connections as Schaller calls them. See below.

Schaller:
    Bridge hot wire (Outer Coil)
    Bridge Cold Wire (Inner Coil)
    Bridge Hot Wire (Inner Coil)
    Bridge Cold Wire (Outer Coil)

SD Terminology:
    North Start - Black
    North Finish - White
    South Finish - Red
    South Start - Green

See the images attached.

For further context, I'm going to wire the Humbucker without a tone control, and only use one tone pot to control both the neck and middle. All 250k CTS pots.

bump for help.

Comment

Standard wiring would be green to the ground, black (hot) to the ​7th terminal on the Megaswitch, red and white to the 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by htrd View Post
        Standard wiring would be green to the ground, black (hot) to the ​7th terminal on the Megaswitch, red and white to the 6th.
        Thanks, but what exactly do you mean when you say "standard wiring"? Are you referring to this HSS5 wiring scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by ammalato View Post
          Are you referring to this HSS5 wiring scheme?
          Yes.

Comment

Incredible, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Wouldn't the Duncan be out of phase with the Fender pickups?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Wouldn't the Duncan be out of phase with the Fender pickups?
                I don't remember if they are both reverse polarity and phase or only polarity. If the latter then OP should also flip the phase of JB.

Comment

Working...
                X