SD Hot Chicken Tele set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Hot Chicken Tele set

Should be getting my Hot Chicken Tele set today, hopefully they are what I am expecting to get from them. I'm not a country player but from the little info out there I think the heat and punch I'm looking for will work just as well for classic/Hard rock tones.... we shall see!

Anyone else already using these pickups?

They are pretty new, but I am interested in hearing what you think of them.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

im curious as well, i dont know anyone whos tried them yet

Comment

It has been just a few weeks from the announcement, so you might be the first one here to get them! So we will need a review!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Was just checking my tracking info looks like I will get them tomorrow, I'll let you know what I think once there installed.

Comment

I’m very interested in a review of these. I’m working on a Tele build at the moment.

Comment

Wow! Those babies are wound hot! Curious to read your review.

Comment

Got the Hot Chicken set yesterday and got them installed, the only issue I had installing them was the neck pickup screws were not the right ones the set only provided the wood screws as if I were screwing into the body, I had to run out and buy some 6-32 screws and trim them to the right size. The bridge screws are ok but did bottom out so I thought just as I got to where I wanted to set them but turns out the tubing was compressed to the max, I'll trim them another time!

It was late so I briefly tested the guitar out and one of the first things I noticed was how quiet these pickups are even with a lot of gain on the amp, this set still sounds like a Tele, the bridge is fatter and hotter but not over the top the 23K DCR is deceiving you would think it will be a lot more powerful and compressed but the Tele bridge tone is still there. The neck pickup is a bit warmer and fatter but like the bridge pup it's Tele character is still there but just a bigger tone, definitely glad I got these and so far so good now I just got to find some time this weekend to rock out!!​
                Last edited by J.LaGrassa; 06-21-2024, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the quick review! I am happy that they are dead quiet. They will be a good alternative to other noiseless designs.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

its an old school stack design so the 23k isnt as crazy as ya think. glad you like the new pups! what kind of guitar did you put them in?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      its an old school stack design so the 23k isnt as crazy as ya think. glad you like the new pups! what kind of guitar did you put them in?
                      2008 Fender American Standard Tele
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 AS Tele.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6282926

Comment

A little audio jam track with the Hot Chicken set in a mix!

Comment

I like my tele's clean and chimey or fat and punchy. Every time I try to split the difference for a do it all setup I am disappointed. There is need for noiseless models. I prefer them for live work for obvious reasons. I still prefer real single coils with a proper shielding job for recording. Face the right direction and you are as quiet as my humbucker equipped guitars

Comment

Originally posted by J.LaGrassa View Post
                            A little audio jam track with the Hot Chicken set in a mix!

That sounded great

Comment

yeah, sounds great! what settings on the katana?

Comment

Working...
                              X