Fender Vintage Noiseless vs. Player Plus Noiseless Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Vintage Noiseless vs. Player Plus Noiseless Pickups

I have a Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster from 2019. It has Vintage Noiseless pickups and 1Meg ohm pots. I was reading where the Player Plus Nashville Teles have Player Plus Noiseless pickups with 500k ohm pots. My thought is there is really difference and it's just marketing hype. If I'm wring, please let me know. Also, is there much difference in tone, between the 1Meg ohm and 500k ohm pots?
    -Butch

i think there is a difference between 500k and 1m, not usually a fan of 1m. cant speak about the pups since i havent tried the player plus models. not a huge fan of the vintage noiseless

Comment

1M is noticeably brighter compared to 500k to my ear.

I thought there were like at least 4 different Fender Noiseless series pickups? I don't have any familiarity with any of them, though, as I haven't owned any Plus / Vintage / Custom / Artist Fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
        My thought is there is really difference and it's just marketing hype. If I'm wring, please let me know. Also, is there much difference in tone, between the 1Meg ohm and 500k ohm pots?
        Pots resistance is just a way to adjust the resonant peak of passive pickups. 1M pots make it higher and narrower than 500k and lower values. Pickups consequently become brighter and thinner sounding when pots are full up (all other factors being equal).

Noiseless pickups often require pots of higher resistance than real single coils because they are naturally duller with less dynamics. It's due to how they're built. The choice of 1M or 500k pots makes sense on this basis.
        Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies. I'm kind of old school. 250k pots with single coils and 500k pots for humbuckers. Since I'm mainly a Tele player, it's usually 250k. That said, I have a 2019 Fender Deluxe Nashville Tele. It has the Vintage Noiseless pickups and 1M ohm pots. Fender first started using these pickups back in the early 2000s maybe? They were putting them in their American Deluxe Strats and Teles. This series was brand new then. I believe they were also using 250k Pots. Now, the new Player Plus Series uses the same pickups, but calls them a different name and uses 500k pots. Maybe Fender finally found what works best for these pickups?
          -Butch

Comment

Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies. I'm kind of old school. 250k pots with single coils and 500k pots for humbuckers. Since I'm mainly a Tele player, it's usually 250k. That said, I have a 2019 Fender Deluxe Nashville Tele. It has the Vintage Noiseless pickups and 1M ohm pots. Fender first started using these pickups back in the early 2000s maybe? They were putting them in their American Deluxe Strats and Teles. This series was brand new then. I believe they were also using 250k Pots. Now, the new Player Plus Series uses the same pickups, but calls them a different name and uses 500k pots. Maybe Fender finally found what works best for these pickups?
            That's my guess. Old school 'rules' might not work with new pickup designs. They also might be compensating for pickups that are darker than other noise-cancelling designs, so they are designed to be part of a system rather than just the pickups themselves.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

That's my guess. Old school 'rules' might not work with new pickup designs. They also might be compensating for pickups that are darker than other noise-cancelling designs, so they are designed to be part of a system rather than just the pickups themselves.
              Understand that. I noticed that my Vintage Noiseless pickup can be a little shrill and glassy; too much for my taste. I like a warmer Tele pickup tone. Maybe just switching to 500k pots will solve my problem.

-Butch

Comment

Understand that. I noticed that my Vintage Noiseless pickup can be a little shrill and glassy; too much for my taste. I like a warmer Tele pickup tone. Maybe just switching to 500k pots will solve my problem.
                It is probably the cheapest solution, other than using the tone control on the guitar, or the EQ on the amp.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X