banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what pickups do you "have on hand" these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what pickups do you "have on hand" these days?

Did a little consolidation and took stock of the tone bricks floating around that didn't have a home. Not too many. More than I have guitars for - meaning I'm good with the pickup combinations in most everything...

Gibsons
    - P100 set
    - 57 Classic and 57 Classic + in Zebra
    - T-top

DiMarzio
    - PAF - double cream

Duncan
    - Duncan Design 103
    - 59 neck - double cream
    - 59/C Pre-production in Double cream (made by Odie)
    - JB8

Dean
    - Baker Act with Gold cover (which has a dedicated home in a three brick Cadillac on of these days). Might put the 59/C and 59 in that too. Baker/59C/59...
    Last edited by Aceman; 06-24-2024, 04:15 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I have a Custom Custom, and the stock pickups out of a Music Man USA Sub1 guitar. I also have the stock pickups out of a 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Boy, there was a time when I was better stocked than top shelf music stores... these days I have a couple of guards with Guitar Madness pickups and a Fender vintage 63 P bass pickup

Comment

Custom Custom, Screamin' Demon, JB, 2 Ibanez V8's.

Comment

I have over 150 pickups in stock. At least 30 are Bill Lawrence (guitar, bass, and pedal steel), around 20 Duncans. Other brands - DiMarzio, Lindy Fralin, Jason Lollar, Wilkinson, Gretsch, Ibanez, Bartolini, EMG, Joe Barden, Lace Sensors, Nordstrand, Artec, Gibson, etc. This is new stuff, and used. Brand new, trade-ins, take outs - you name it. I have them all in 2 large wooden boxes that I cannot carry.

I also have tuners of all kinds running out my ears, bridges and tailpieces, all sorts of hardware. And according to my latest lists, over 30 bodies (half are Warmoth), and 40 necks (maybe a third are Warmoth). Also 28 stringed instruments of all kinds, some needed repair, some not. Empty cases, too. Over 7 pounds of bone nuts. Enough string sets to start a music store (including 2 sets of strings for a Chromaharp), violin strings, viola strings, mandolin, mandola, and mandocello sets. This is acoustic and electric.

Plus picks, tuners, and small accessories. Finally, a Marshall amp, a Fender, a BOSS Katana Mini, BOSS 50 watt Katana, a Behringer bass amp, and bags of straps and cords. It's ENTIRELY too much for one guy. Fills 3 rooms. Oh, yeah - forgot - enough exotic and domestic lumber to build probably 30 guitars.

Don't get me started on tools, supplies, and machinery for the shop or I'll be here all day.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I have no clue what's down there, with the exception of my gold WLH set and a P rails, but there are probably a half-dozen more down there.

Comment

im sure i have a few score sitting around

Comment

Not many. If memory serves -

498T

Elysian Trident II neck

BKP:
                Brute Force 7 bridge
                Rebel Yell 7 bridge (edit - installed this one today)
                Warpig 7 neck

JB/Brute Force 7 neck hybrid
                the other halves of those

Once I get some more replacement parts and finish tinkering, most of those will have places to live.
                Last edited by Seashore; 06-25-2024, 10:41 AM.
                Take it to the limit
                Everybody to the limit
                Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I've liquidated my pickups. Except I've got a Burstbucker 2 and 3 waiting for a 1 I can make hybrids with. The rest I've either given away, thrown away, or broken in failed experiments.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Let's see....
                    1. Duncan Alnico 2 Pro neck humbucker (black)
                    2. Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Strat pickup
                    3. Duncan Jerry Donahue Tele pickup
                    4. Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Tele pickup set
                    5. Import humbucker that came out of my ESP LTD TE-202
                    6. Duncan 59 (black)
                    7. A bunch of Fender Telecaster pickups, various models
                    8. A set of Strat pickups, no idea of the vendor. I got them when they came in a Strat I traded for.
                    9. HSH set I just removed from my PRS Swamp Ash Special SE
                    Last edited by Butch Snyder; 06-25-2024, 11:33 AM.
                    -Butch

Comment

I still have one each of all production SDs that were out ca. 2014 (except Tele) from when I did a lot of tone chasing. Should have a fire sale.

Comment

I have a JB/JAZZ set in black
                        a Gibson DS1 set , double slug pickups from their economy line guitars
                        tons of off brand stock pickups from cheap guitars
                        I got a set of dbl cream MaxCheer pickups that I just tole my buddy he could put in his Green headless

Singles

Piezo pads

Piezo TOM bridges
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I actually just sold almost all of my spare pickups.

I just have one of those Seymour Duncan IBZ Duncan Distortion with the hex polepieces, and a disasembled P Rails that I took the magnets out of to do some magnet swaps.

I also have one of those cheapie Music Lily hot rails style pickups off Amazon that sounds super harsh and weak, LOL.

Comment

A couple Screamin Demons, Perpetual Burn, DiMarzio Super Distortion, and a Suhr SSH+ (which is for sale).

Comment

Afterburner bridge (Cream T pickups)
                              Duncan custom shop (12k a5 "Eliminator" concept)
                              '59 Clone (Brandonwound pickups)
                              Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Working...
                              X