The Hot Chicken Strat neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hot Chicken Strat neck

So I descided to try the Hot Chicken in the neck spot of the Strat that I have the YJM Fury in the bridge. I had been using a Fender Vintage noiseless in that spot, and actully got on with it just fine, but did find it maybe a bit too smooth perhaps and felt as though it was not the right match. So with the Hot Chicken looking like maybe it was a bit less hot than the Fury neck pickup which I was worried would be just a touch too much and as I only know (and can almost play) 1 YJM song and am not looking for only that sort of tone and need versatility, gave the HC a rip.
    It took a bit to dial it in , got the height sorted and figured out it didn't like the Rat pedal much. But it does love the Lil Timmy, and works well with this as a boost. It has good Strattiness with clean-ish tones, but I like some dirt on it and really works well like that. Turning up the gain it does work well and sounds really good.
    I Can't speak for the rest of the Hot Chicken Strat set but on paper does not look that far off from the YJM (in theory). But the YJM is a very versatile bridge pickup, it is my fave Strat bridge pickup for sure.
    Last edited by strat dude; 06-26-2024, 02:37 PM.

Thank you for the review! I am sure it will help people considering this pickup.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here is a crap vid comparison that I hadn’t dialed in the HC yet and had the VN in its sweet spot so it’s not really fair

Comment

I guess I expected at least a
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	11
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	6284499 zz0.z3hmx3mnhhbzz

But I am liking this pickup more and more, the longer I use it.

Comment

Working...
        X