Opinions on Burstbucker Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Burstbucker Pro...

I just got an Ibanez SZ 320(kinda PRS-ish) and of course, the stock pus aren't great. I was thinking that I'd use this one to get more of a classic sound than my other axes (Fender Amer HSS, Epi Elite LP Std, Ibanez RG321). I've played the new Gibby standard LPs and loved the sounds, but the SZ isn't a LP. Overall, it's acoustially brighter and a little snappier. I'd also like to get something to give me a single coil-ish sound in the neck position. Any recommendations on that would be very welcome.

BTW, my current amps are a Fender Pro Reverb 112 & a Marshall DSL 50 -> THD 212 w/ V30s.

Re: Opinions on Burstbucker Pro...

The BB Pro is a great pickup with a ton of character. I think it might work in an Ibanez.

Comment

Cool. Thanks man! Anyone else?

,JS.

Comment

What kind of tone are you going for? I found the BB Pros ideal for the new LP Standards! I am re-installing mine because I have been trying Duncans but the Gibsons are going back!

You might want to try the Blues Scaracino.

Comment

I like the sound of BBs.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

The BB Pros are some sweet, mellow pickups and sound great in my LP. They should definitely work in your Ibanez.

Comment

Since your guitar is bright, for that amount of money, I'd get an antiquity or a seth in the bridge. I dunno how much single coil sound you'd like to get from the neck position. But the rumour has it that phat cats are superb. They are real single coil p90's to fit a HB routing. Or if you wanna get a great neck HB, I'd say ants cannot be beaten. Seths should be great as well.

BTW check with John or Lew for unbeatable prices and service!

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

If your guitar is brite these will make it brighter.

Comment

Working...
                X