banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is worth it to stick a invader humbucke into a single coil tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is worth it to stick a invader humbucke into a single coil tele?

my friend gave me his squire tele and i have a left over invader, i was thinkin how cool it would be to stick that guy inthere but im thinkin id be more of trouble than its worth.could someone give me a suggstion on if it was worth it or not and some advice maybe a price estimate.heeelp.also its good to be on this board again.i had trouble with my last account but its all settled now.thanks again

Re: is worth it to stick a invader humbucke into a single coil tele?

I'd say no. A better choice IMO is to trade/sell that Invader and pick up a Hot Rails for Tele and use that instead (Hot Rails sounds better than Invader IMO anyway).

Comment

if you can swap the invader for a tele hot rails, that would be cool and much easier for you. if ya cant, youll need to buy a new bridge thatll house a bucker and rout enough room for it to go into the body. not too crazy but if youve never done anything like that before, youll want some assistance

Comment

i have the Hot Rails in my Am Std tele & wouldn't like anything else in there i'm not a tele purist, so the makeover was rather necessary for me- i thrive on high gain. its low end is very similar to the Invader IMO, if that's what you are after, then the HR won't disappoint...
        Psychic Horns

Comment

I'd say stick it in1 its only a squire but you will have to have a new bridge unit or whatever tis called to fit the size of the hum bucker into the axe. I think it would sound nice, very thick and powerful. I have a hotrail in my strat because i wanted an invader in my bridge but couldn't route my guitar. Since you can go for it. IM sure it will sound fine.
          Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

I say contrry to the general consensus, yes it is worth it if that is the tone you are going for.

Comment

Working...
            X