banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a diagram to wire a 1 hum + 1 single setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a diagram to wire a 1 hum + 1 single setup?

Sorry if this is redundant - I did a search and didn't find anything, and looked on the Duncan site as well.

I know that there are different value pots & caps used for the respective hum & single pups...is there a diagram out there that shows a good way to go to mix these two? For example, Anderson uses a "vintage voicing" passive circuit when mixing a hum and a single - still using 500k pots...

Any help is appreciated - I'm using a Screamin Demon bridge and a Cool rails neck with a three way switch and a coil tap mini switch.

Thanks,
    Steve E
    Last edited by speed monkey; 05-24-2004, 01:45 PM.

Re: Anybody have a diagram to wire a 1 hum + 1 single setup?

See if this is what you're looking for:

H + S wiring

BTW - Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-24-2004, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Hey Artie -

Thanks so much - that's almost exactly what I'm looking for....I don't know if thats something you worked up, but it's slick!

So....what would that diagram look like if I was to use a tone pot as well as a three way switch??? I'm one of those freaks that actually likes the tone pot in the circuit, and that old fashioned slider switch

I really appreciate your help

Thanks again!

Steve E
      Last edited by speed monkey; 05-24-2004, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks. To add a tone control, use this diagram as a reference - but only pay attention to the tone control portion.

For a conventional tone control, connect the tone pot to the blue wire in my first diagram.

For the "50's mod", connect the tone pot to the gray wire that comes off the output jack.
        (Again, referenced to my first diagram in that other thread.)

Does that make sense?

Comment

Thanks a bunch - I think I've got it figured out....won't take much more than plugging it in to see, right???

Regards,
          Steve E

Comment

Working...
          X