washburn Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washburn Pickups?

Hello everyone. Yes, I am a newbie and have a question? I own a Washburn PS500 and it has a washburn 623 in neck and 621 in the bridge. I was told that they are SD made. If that is true does any one know what
    SD model they are?

Re: washburn Pickups?

I don't know if that's true or not, but the easiest way to find out is to pull unscrew the pickups from the body and check the baseplates. If they are Duncans, they will be marked as such on the bottom plates.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I sure hope they're not Duncans. I have that set in my HB32 and they are not nice. The neck is way muddy and undefined. The bridge is OK for overdriven sounds but has no character in clean sounds.

I doubt they're Duncan pickups, they're most likely generic Korean or Chinese pickups.

Comment

They are dull and lifeless import no name pickups. Watch the size if they came out of a guitar that direct mounts and does not use a mount ring. The only bucker I had that would fit the hole in my MG 600 was a Dimarzio Norton after I clipped the end off the mount tabs.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Actually, the guitars themselves we're made in Korea and so were the pickups......

Comment

Some very nice Washburns arch tops came out of South Korea in the early and mid 2000s which had the Buzz Feiton tuning system and quite good hardware like grover 18 .1 tuners. Some were fitted with SDs as stock usually a 59 in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge and some later models had EMGs . A few had Korean B& G pickups which bore a marked resemblance is spec to Duncan Designed 101s and played quite well. For some reason Washburn subsequently went a bit down market and made, in the view of many , inferior products. Many of their guitars were then fitted with the Washburn Eliminator pickups also known as 631s which had some mixed reviews. Quite a few people liked them in the HB35 Hollow body..

Comment

Working...
            X