banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EC-1000 owners who have swapped their neck pickup. ALSO, question about zebra humbuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC-1000 owners who have swapped their neck pickup. ALSO, question about zebra humbuck

I think I'm going to put a Jazz neck and Custom bridge into my ESP. Right now there is a JB bridge and '59 neck which are both zebra.

I know the regular zebra bridge will be the same as what's in there now.

for the neck though, how do I accomplish this for a zebra: Adjustable pole pieces closest to the neck AND cream bobbin. Is that what reverse zebra is? Or do I take a regular zebra neck pickup then turn it upside down? If I were to turn it upside down, would that affect the tone at all? In other words, are the pickups wound to match to the thinner and thicker gauge strings?

Any help would be appreciated, I don't quite understand how this works. What I'm trying to accomplish is have the pole pieces on the outer coils as normal, and have the cream bobbin of the zebra pickups on the outer coils as well.

Re: EC-1000 owners who have swapped their neck pickup. ALSO, question about zebra humbuck

I believe flipping a pup does change the string interface, but it can be corrected with pole pieces... don't zebra pups have the poles on the outside? Or are they usually on the inside coil and I'm just confused...
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Re: EC-1000 owners who have swapped their neck pickup. ALSO, question about zebra hum

Originally posted by Xeromus
      I think I'm going to put a Jazz neck and Custom bridge into my ESP. Right now there is a JB bridge and '59 neck which are both zebra.

I know the regular zebra bridge will be the same as what's in there now.

for the neck though, how do I accomplish this for a zebra: Adjustable pole pieces closest to the neck AND cream bobbin. Is that what reverse zebra is? Or do I take a regular zebra neck pickup then turn it upside down? If I were to turn it upside down, would that affect the tone at all? In other words, are the pickups wound to match to the thinner and thicker gauge strings?

Any help would be appreciated, I don't quite understand how this works. What I'm trying to accomplish is have the pole pieces on the outer coils as normal, and have the cream bobbin of the zebra pickups on the outer coils as well.

On a regular zebra, the cream bobbins are oriented towards the outside (ie: bridge and neck) if you want the cream bobbin towards the bridge on the neck pick-up and the screws as well, just take a regular zebra and turn it around... BTW: you're gonna love the custom in that guitar, that's what I have and it just rules....

Comment

Re: EC-1000 owners who have swapped their neck pickup. ALSO, question about zebra humbuck

surgeon - you da man

I wanted the cream bobbin and pole pieces on the neck oriented toward the neck. If the regular zebra is that way already, then I'm just banging my head against a wall for no reason.

Comment

Working...
        X