just need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just need some advice

hey everyone this is my first thread here!

I recently have been thinking about upgrading my pickups in my epiphone sg G-400 deluxe. i play alot of rock and blues and am looking for some pickkups to suit these styles of music. I have been thinking about putting a 59 humbucker in the neck and mayber a hotter type pickup in the bridge. If anyone has any advice on how to achieve the best combo of tone available. I am also planning on putting in a custom wiring kit which is pretty cool check it out so i don't know which pickups will and won't work (i don't know what the heck that 2 and 4 conductor wiring stuff is). Im trying to spend as little money as possible because funds are low. thanks

:afro:

Last edited by fretboy1101; 06-03-2004, 04:24 PM.

Re: just need some advice

As for the 2-wire/4-wire part: all humbuckers have two coils, each with two wires, for a total of four.

In a 4-conductor pup, they bring all 4 wires out, so you can use them as you wish.

In a 2-conductor, they connect two of them internally, so that you can only use the other two.

The "extra" two, in a four conductor, will only be of value if you choose to add additional switches to utilize them.

(Unless, of course, as in the case of a guitar like the Ibanez JetKing, it already has the extra switches installed.)

Comment

Hi, a JB always complements a '59 neck nicely, altho I'm not certain of how it'll come out in a SG... If you want more aggression from your bridge and cleans aren't so important from your bridge p/u I'd suggest a custom... A C5 would be great in a SG....

Comment

I agree, a C5/'59 set would work very well in that guitar.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X