Help me to choose a Single Coil for an HSH setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to choose a Single Coil for an HSH setup

Hi, I have an Ibanez S370 HSH, for the H I have decided to use Air Norton + Tone Zone, but I don't know which single coil to use, can you help me to decide which one is good for me please.

Re: Help me to choose a Single Coil for an HSH setup

You'll need to provide a little more info. What kind of amp are you playing through, what style of music, do you want a true single coil or a single-sized humbucker (stacked or twin coil), etc. I'm not too familiar with the Dimarzios, perhaps someone else could chime in.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

a hot/cool rail are the only single coils that could not screw up the sound in between changes because of the imence output
      Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
      The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Well output aside I think the Seymour Duncan 1/4 Pounder or the Dimarzio SDS-1 will work well for the middle pickup. They should both blend well with either humbucker and still retain that strat quality you tend to lose with other single coil sized humbuckers. You can install a coil cut but even so it doesnt really sound much like a true single coil only a weak humbucker.

Comment

i've a mate who put a telecaster bridge pickup in the middle position on his ibanez,sounded fantastic i think it was a quarter pounder
          as far as i know the base need to be modified to fit though it wasn't hard

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
            a hot/cool rail are the only single coils that could not screw up the sound in between changes because of the imence output
            Can you explain me it a little bit more please

Comment

Bump

Comment

if you used a low output middle pup the volume will drop, but youll also get more quack. i tend to like a lower output middle pup.
                the qp and sds1 are both cool choices. neither sounds like a traditional strat pup but they have a single coil character to their sound, a big fat single coil. i have both and they both sound very nice

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                  if you used a low output middle pup the volume will drop, but youll also get more quack. i tend to like a lower output middle pup.
                  the qp and sds1 are both cool choices. neither sounds like a traditional strat pup but they have a single coil character to their sound, a big fat single coil. i have both and they both sound very nice
                  A couple months ago I was thinking to get an YJM but some guys told me that Single Coil has a very very low output, what do you think about this single coil?

Are the Quarter pound and SDS1 equals to YJM in output?

Comment

Working...
                  X