Middle and neck Pickup the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle and neck Pickup the same

in the SD Specs I can only find Bridge and Neck Pickups! Do I have to use a neck Pickup for middle position or are middle pickups just not on the list?

Thanks

Fabian

Re: Middle and neck Pickup the same

With Strat pickups the neck and middle are the same except for the rw/rp issue, so listing the other specs would be redundant.

In 3 humbucker guitar, the middle pickups are generally but not always neck pickups.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Anyone ever tried to make a middle humbucker by combining a bridge and neck humbucker coil (bridge nearest bridge and vice versa)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion
        Anyone ever tried to make a middle humbucker by combining a bridge and neck humbucker coil (bridge nearest bridge and vice versa)?
        Yeah, that's the old series tele tone from the PRS megaswitch knock off ... outer coils in series (you gotta reverse the magnetic polarity of one pup to keep it humcancelling). I don't think PRS ever did that though, they did do the inner coils in series though. The John Petrucci model had that as a default setting in the middle position ... kinda sounds like a fat louder version of the bridge and middle position on a strat (kinda like), the old PRS CE series had that as the middle default also.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
          With Strat pickups the neck and middle are the same except for the rw/rp issue, so listing the other specs would be redundant.

In 3 humbucker guitar, the middle pickups are generally but not always neck pickups.
          As far as single coils go, Lindy Fralin is about the only guy I know that winds (or at leaset does upon request) a separate single coil for the middle, if your into maximizing the tonal response of all the positions, that's the way to go.
          Or you can mix and match other pups in that slot.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X