Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post
    I hope this is allowed.

This is me with a band I was in using a Schecter Blackjack with some of Jeff's pickups (Tubetramp wind and the 8.7K neck). I was amazed at how great they sounded coil tapped.
    Nice work, man
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

I communicated with him a few years ago and he actually helped me figure out that I wasn't looking for what I thought I was looking for. He basically said "I will be happy to build you this pickup but I don't think it is what you want" and he was right. That impressed me, since he cost himself an order.

Comment

Wow, 15 year old thread.

I've been aging my double whites under a florescent lamp for months. It's a slow-go. Trying to get a bone white instead of bright white. Still haven't given these pickups a fair shot yet.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20210504_160054_1341.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	6079168 Here's my latest from Jeff, an 8.8K hot PAF wind. He surprised me with the gold pole pieces. I asked for them, he answered back later saying he didn't think they were a go (supplier quality issues) and then it got here!

I made the mistake of seeing an Epiphone Limited Edition Blackback Les Paul and have wanted to do the same hardware on my blonde LP ever since. I really dig the way those open top pickup covers look.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0fddefefe29d407e6b1e6c4ee86c6aa1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	6079169
            Last edited by Oldfart_Shredman; 05-08-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Gold poles are certainly a rare thing!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post
                I made the mistake of seeing an Epiphone Limited Edition Blackback Les Paul and have wanted to do the same hardware on my blonde LP ever since. I really dig the way those open top pickup covers look.

Click image for larger version Name:	0fddefefe29d407e6b1e6c4ee86c6aa1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	6079169
                I have those on an 80s Burny LPC. Only the screws are gold though, not the slugs.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Gold poles are certainly a rare thing!
                  Dmz has been doing them for awhile, at an extra $11.

Comment

Working...
                  X