Comment

Re: PAF. Patent Applied For what?

Great thread.

Cool info Lightning, very cool!

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

thanks lightning, cool stuff. i still wonder why it was named the PAF. if it's because it's patent applied for whatever... then everything that has a patent would be named PAF. idk... it's late, im tired... basically a bump

Comment

Cory...Gibson didn't name it...we the players did. Just like the number on the sticker ('61) we call it patent sticker, and the one after that has the patent embossed we call T Top cause it may have 1,2, or no T's showing (but we just know they are there (if not showing there on the under side of the coil)). Dimarzio called their copy (first year production '74) PAF. It did not have the sticker on the bottom so patent must have already been granted. My question...did DMZ copywrite or trade mark the term PAF? See DMZ stole the term from us...the players. LOL
          Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

My first 5 Fender amps included a schematic diagram glued to the inside of the cabinet with Western Electric's name and patent #. Western Electric was Bell's telephone engineering and manufacturing division. They designed the amplifier to be used for commercial paging applications.

Fender paid WE royalties for the use of their schematic. Marshall not effected by patents copied Fender but chose different components locally available which gives Marshall's there distinct tone.

Edison is credited with the invention of the tube but he got the idea from _____(dag can't remember).

Bell Labs invented the internet in '52 for the CIA. It was called an encrypted circuit. Today we call that encryption TCPIP. Bell Labs also invented UNIX.

Tesla invented a bomb...it didn't work. Bell Labs builds bombs with the wire wound resistors they invented...they work.

Eagle Pitcher has a patent on the batteries that were put in scuds that didn't hold their voltage and caused the loss of innocent lives. EP knew the batteries would fail.

I don't work for Bell. I designed some circuits when I was young, I gave them to a manufacturer who got patents on them (I just wanted someone to build them). They used Cuban labor, Corona Dope, and ice trays to build them.

I didn't invent the Ice Cube (JHD) but that's where the enclosure idea came from.
            Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Working...
            X