In desperate need of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In desperate need of help!

Hey, I just bought myself A hot rails pickup, and I wanted to install it into my strat. I've never done anything like this, and I figured it'd be really nice if I learned how to do these things myself, rather than giving the local guitar shop 80 dollars. I bought all different types of pots for it, so I have everything I need, including a sodering iron. Can anyone show me how to wire this?

Re: In desperate need of help!

Do you know how to solder? If so there are wiring diagrams in the SD website. If not, then you should probably learn how to solder on something less valuable than your guitar and new pickups and components first . Good luck!
    Owner:
    Slamo Custom Guitars
    Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat
      Do you know how to solder?
      hey frankencat you get my PM?

Comment

o yea, I know how to solder....thats not really a problem. I don't know if I should put a tone pot in or not. I also need to know what kind of pots i should use, 250 or 500

Comment

I would use 500k pots with a Hot Rails and wire a tone pot with a .022 cap.
          Owner:
          Slamo Custom Guitars
          Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

whats a .022 cap?

Comment

a .022 microfarad capacitor. The capacitor is installed on the tone pot. Without the capacitor installed, the tone control will have no effect on your tone when you adjust it. In general, it's best to use 250k pots for single coil pickups and 500k pots for humbuckers. Check out the wiring diagrams on the main Duncan site, it'll show you how to wire up your guitar. If you can solder and read a simple wiring diagram, you should be able to do it yourself no problem.

Ryan
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
              X