Phat Cat Bridge Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cat Bridge Review

Just got a Phat Cat for the bridge of my sheraton thru John at Blackrose Customs (thanks a bunch John!) and I love it. There is more noise as opposed to the Seth that used to be in that position, but thats understandable, its a single. The Phat Cats truly live up to their name, big, fat and VERY punchy. It seems to have higher output than a Seth and is at least on par with the PG that's at the bridge of my Lester. It has a lot of cut, but the highs are not spikey at all, wich is kind of surprising, considering that it's in an all maple semihollow axe. The distortion sounds are great and clean up very nicely when you roll back and the cleans are nothing short of wonderful. I can't wait to get the matching neck pos. PC and try the complete set.

This pickup is very highly recomended for anything where you don't mind a it of hum and a bunch of tone!
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Phat Cat Bridge Review

You're gonna love the Phat Cat neck pickup! I put one in a Tele and it sounds wonderful. I'm glad to hear that you like the bridge Phat Cat -- I've been toying with the idea of putting a set in my Gibson ES-137 at some point, unless I find another dual HB candidate this summer.

Comment

Re: Phat Cat Bridge Review

Originally posted by Kelsey
      You're gonna love the Phat Cat neck pickup! I put one in a Tele and it sounds wonderful. I'm glad to hear that you like the bridge Phat Cat -- I've been toying with the idea of putting a set in my Gibson ES-137 at some point, unless I find another dual HB candidate this summer.
      How do you describe the sound of the Phat Cat on the neck? Is it single coily? I have been thinking in replacing the neck humbucker with one, I am seaching for more clarity. The only problem I see It is that I have a 59 in the bridge so may be the output could be unbalance.

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
      X