"Phasy" pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phasy" pickups

If anyone can help on this I would be grateful. A while back I recieved a Fender Showmaster with Humbuckers and it sounded terrible;"tinky" weak out of phase so Ireturned it. I got another one and this onesounded great on the 1,4 and 5 setting. 2{one coil from bridge] and 3[both pups] sounded phasy and weak again. I looked close at the wiring and compared it to anothe HH Showmaster that has no problems and the only thing different was the leads on the capacitor were wired the opposit way. Is this the pickups or the cap wiring? Does anyone know what would be a replacement cap for the Fender cap? It's green and has 2A223J on it. I would appreciate any help.Mel

Re: "Phasy" pickups

contact Fender and tell them about your problem, they could probably help you out.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Re: "Phasy" pickups

The cap isn't the problem from what I'm reading here (that's a .022uF 5%tolerance BTW) ... Not sure what the problem is, like the guy said contact Fender or take it to a tech.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
      X