X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Custom Vs Full Shred

hey guys

ive pretty much narrowed my pickup choice to either the CC or the FS

my main questions are, how good is the CC at high gain situations? can it do the metal well?

after hearing some testament, i can hear the FS can do metal well, but how about the low gain/clean tones?

what do u guys think is better for a mix of clean tones and crunching guitars in the bridge position in a mahogany guitar?

thanks for your time
    Ishan
    Guitars:
    Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
    Amps:
    Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Re: Custom Custom Vs Full Shred

I have been using a CC in my Warlock (see signature) and it does Death and Thrash Metal no problem. I am about to replace the pickups in my Warlock with a set of Invaders because it's an all maple guitar and I need something darker than the CC to cut the highs. However, I think the CC would sound pretty good in mahogany, and it will do the Metal tones with no problem.

Cheers,

CJ
    www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Comment

Re: Custom Custom Vs Full Shred

HAILS ISHMUN
      try Dimarzios or bil llawrence l500xl or for duncans....
      dimebucker bridge and CC NECK
      Q
      Dimarzio....... PAF PRO Bridge, Paf pro neck, or paf pro bridge and fred neck.
      and bill lawrence l500xl bridge and dimarzio humbucker form hell.
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
      X