bridge hotrail same as neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge hotrail same as neck?

So i went to buy a new hotrail for the neck of my Jackson DK2. I grabbed the pickup sence they only had two left and as i was paying for it i noticed it was the bridge position pickup. When i went back to switch it for a neck one the tech guy @ the store said they were exactly the same so just take that one. Is this true, because i do like the sound of it, but it is lacking a little bit of that glassy, fat neck tone. It might just be the high output of the pickup though i was thinking. Anyone know? thanx

Re: bridge hotrail same as neck?

No, they are not the same pickup. The HR is a fat, thick, bass/mid-heavy pickup. Putting a bridge version in the neck slot is overkill IMO. Go buttkick that lame-a.s.s. vendor right now...
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

full ack. my dealer tried the same with me. no chance. HR-n is fat and bassy enough, HR-b in neck position can't work (my opinion)
      whish you all the best for buttkick
      Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
      Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
      Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredHead
        So i went to buy a new hotrail for the neck of my Jackson DK2. I grabbed the pickup sence they only had two left and as i was paying for it i noticed it was the bridge position pickup. When i went back to switch it for a neck one the tech guy @ the store said they were exactly the same so just take that one. Is this true, because i do like the sound of it, but it is lacking a little bit of that glassy, fat neck tone. It might just be the high output of the pickup though i was thinking. Anyone know? thanx
        What a jerk this 'tech' is...either he doesn't know enough about the equipment, in which case he shouldn't be selling it to you, or he does know and just didn't want the hassle of exchanging you bridge version for the neck, or maybe, god forbid, have to order you a neck version...this way he could move some of the stock in hand.

Either way, if they won't take it back, if it hasn't been 21 days and the pup was new, you can probably exchange it with Seymour Duncan...

Good luck

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

wow... that's so ignorant of the guy. I don't think it would ever be safe to assume that a bridge and neck model of a Seymour Duncan pickup are the same thing... stupid tech.....
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

he probably thought it was the same idea with duncan and dimarzio

Comment

Well, i was trying to think logicly and why would seymour duncan waste thier money boxing the same pickup in two differnt boxes, plus , i have learned that what seymour says is the gospel!!! they are honest, and they are knolageble.......He was just talking to someone else and didn't want bothered. But i should be a valued customer, sence january i have bought a USA Jackson, Peavy half-stack, Digitech genesis 3, strings, picks , two duncan pups, and my girlfriend bought me a Jackson DK2 from there..............Catch my drift? THe sales rep. couldn't be nicer or more helpful but he wasn't there that day and tech guy helped me. I should have known!

Comment

There's a reason that they're not the same, and you can tell the idiot tech why: Neck position pickups receive a LOT more vibration energy than bridge pups. That's the nature of the string. Hence, the neck output is toned down and the bridge output is boosted. Putting a bridge pup in a neck position will greatly override the current bridge pup. And please kick his ass for me. He should know better.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
                  There's a reason that they're not the same, and you can tell the idiot tech why: Neck position pickups receive a LOT more vibration energy than bridge pups. That's the nature of the string. Hence, the neck output is toned down and the bridge output is boosted. Putting a bridge pup in a neck position will greatly override the current bridge pup. And please kick his ass for me. He should know better.
                  Ditto. Rock on!!
                  2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                  1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
                  X