banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I fit a Nickle Cover onto my SH2 Jazz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fit a Nickle Cover onto my SH2 Jazz.

I have a SH2 Jazz humbucker Neck Pickup which is black. I want to know is it possible to fit a nickle cover without damaging it or changing the tone, and can one even be purchased? or do i need to by a Nickle version? (I cant see one on the site?). This is purley a cosmetic thing because I ordered a SH4 JB Model Bridge and it arrived and its Nickel I want to see if I can match them.

Thanks.

Re: Can I fit a Nickle Cover onto my SH2 Jazz.

yeah dude, you can deff. put a nickle cover on there. Get one from Lew or John at blackrose customs. The tone will become a tad bit warmer, but if you've got a JB in the bridge thats covered, it should balance out nicely. just put the cover on the pick, and the screws go through the holes, but have them raised up a little so you know they go all the way through, then solder the cover to the baseplate of the pickup on both of the longer sides. That should be all you really need to to, I dont think it will be microphonic. And welcome to the Board, bro.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

$10 for the Duncan covers. They fit perfectly, because they are made to fit Duncan pickups. I have seen people that have forced a Gibson cover to fit a Duncan, but why bother forcing the issue if you can get ones that fit perfectly already?

Comment

yo, outlaw, linky linky to your avatar?
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Thanks, Do you know if it is easy to remove the existing black plastic cover? Is it just pressed or glued on ? I had a go at trying to lift it off, it seems pretty soild. I don't want to take half of the wound coils off with it. HA hA

Comment

Originally posted by optimo
            Thanks, Do you know if it is easy to remove the existing black plastic cover? Is it just pressed or glued on ? I had a go at trying to lift it off, it seems pretty soild. I don't want to take half of the wound coils off with it. HA hA
            plastic cover?you mean the bobbins? dont even try to remove those or you'll ruin your pickup. just put the pickups as it is on the cover or just put masking tape on the slug side before putting the cover and re pot it if you want just to be sure. if you dont know wgat i'm talking about just go to a tech or expert.
            2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

Working...
            X