Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical tape on pickups...??

Hey All -

I just got a Quarter Pound P-Bass pickup, and its in two parts. The plastic covering top and the guts (magnets / wirings / etc.) Is it okay to put some black electrical tape across the bottom magnets to hold the two parts together to make installation easier. I just hate trying to manuver those parts all together...

Any issues putting on the black tape?
    Thanks!

Andrew

Re: Electrical tape on pickups...??

Originally posted by mielkea
    Hey All -

I just got a Quarter Pound P-Bass pickup, and its in two parts. The plastic covering top and the guts (magnets / wirings / etc.) Is it okay to put some black electrical tape across the bottom magnets to hold the two parts together to make installation easier. I just hate trying to manuver those parts all together...

Any issues putting on the black tape?
    Thanks!

Andrew
    Althought it doesn't seem like it'd ruin the pickup, it doesn't seem like a good idea, right?

So, here's what you should do. Put the pickguard on and put the pickup covers (the plastic covering top ) in the pickguard, then make sure the screws line up with the holes from the old pickups and pickguard. If not, drill new ones. Anyway, then take the pickgaurd and covers off and put the foam where the bottom of the pickups would be, then set the pickups (guts) on the foam and on top of those, the covers, then screw them down.

WAH-LA! I had the same problem as you at first, but, don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, I did.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Working...
    X