Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for Video Game?

Hey guys,

Sounds like a bit of a strange question, but if you wanted to play video game tunes, like Super Mario, Mortal Kombat, and perhaps Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (not really a videogame...), what pickup would you use?

Would it be a SD or a Dimarzio? EMG? I guess it would have to have good harmonics...

I want to be able to play these kinda songs and also... perhaps have it retain a good tone? Whatever really... :P

Thanks
    Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Pickup for Video Game?

i dont know why but i would probably say the dimarzio Fred for bridge, good harmonics and a paf joe for neck

Comment

I´d prolly try something totally nuts, like distorted acoustic or something, or an old Mosrite. SO I don´t think I´m much help, as I don´t really know what kind of tone you´re describing (anymore, Mario and Zelda I´d have known 10 years ago, sorry)
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

If you're going to do a video game song, it would have to be very clean and very articulate with lots of sustain. When I think of great songs in video games like the Mega Man series, I think something like EMGs would work great through a great lead amp like the Soldano SLO-100.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Well, when I think of game music, I'm thinking....synth? Perhaps a pedal would have more to do with getting a video game sound then pickups. Anyways, best of luck to you.

Comment

i absolutly love the music in ace combat and ace combat 2. the guitar is just amazing. i wish i had tone like that.
            Down at the edge, close by a river.
            Close to the edge, round by the corner.
            Close to the end, down by the corner.
            Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

How about a guitar synth? LOL
              ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

the 8 bit fuzz
                `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Roland GK-2A or GK-3 pickup, with a Roland GR-33 Guitar Synth.

Comment

If you're going for an actual NES tone, go with a super over-the-top fuzz like the one LucidInterval recommended. I use the Big Muff and Oct Fuzz on my Boss OD-20 for that stuff with neck pup engaged. Should get you pretty close with that.

If you're doing covers with a modern sound and everything, get new pups like everyone else is saying
                    Watch My Videos
                    Photography
                    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

holy crap!
                      i gotta get that fuzz pedal!!!

Comment

i think dimarzio would be more suited to somethin like this........ possibly a shred type of pickup with a fuzz pedal like others have said?
                        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                        >cord<
                        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
                          i think dimarzio would be more suited to somethin like this........ possibly a shred type of pickup with a fuzz pedal like others have said?
                          yeah.
                          when i think of video games, i think of the 80's and when i think of the 80's i always seem to think DiMarzio. dont know why

Comment

Working...
                          X