megadeth and mudvayne?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• megadeth and mudvayne?!!?

i'm having a tough time trying to roll these guys together. i want dave mustaine (megadeth) leads (probably a JB, right?), but i also want to be able to switch to greg tribbet's gainiac rythm. (mudvayne)
    what pups would i need?
    i like to play with my gain set at 10, so that alone could be for leads, but could i put an extra dist pedal in front of that for rythm? or would that turn it to mush and fuzz and all that junk?
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Re: megadeth and mudvayne?!!?

sounds like the tone your after is fairly simple to get. yes first off you willneed to find a distortion level that you want (pedal or amp).
    after that you will find that most pickups will give a fairly acurate rendition of the sound you want, what you need to know is weather you want a nice distortion (JB) or somthing that will rip peoples soles away (somthing active - the livewire)

personaly if you want distortion the livewire will beat any other pickup- ever!!!
    keep thise fingers flapping

Comment

Originally posted by what?
      i'm having a tough time trying to roll these guys together. i want dave mustaine (megadeth) leads (probably a JB, right?), but i also want to be able to switch to greg tribbet's gainiac rythm. (mudvayne)
      what pups would i need?
      i like to play with my gain set at 10, so that alone could be for leads, but could i put an extra dist pedal in front of that for rythm? or would that turn it to mush and fuzz and all that junk?
      Welcome to the SD Forum, what?!

..We'll need a little more info. ..What type of guitar would the pups be for? ..Woods/Humbuckers/Single-coils/Amp(s)??
      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Conversely, the LiveWire (use the search function) has got some pretty bad reviews...

Take notes and make an informed decision, every pickup can be excellent and terrible depending upon the setup.

Shred Me Good is right about the JB...

Bee

P.S.: Welcome to the forum!
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I know Tribbet is actually using EMGs. 81 & 85 set.
          Matteo P.
          Aka Invader
          Toys:
          - MIM Strat with Antiquities
          - MM J. Petrucci 7 String
          - Duncan Invader
          - Kent Armstrong Hot Rails
          - Air norton
          - Steves Special
          - EMG 81

Comment

What's your amp?
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

An Invader might be good for the big, huge bite you're looking for rhythm-wise.
              Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
              Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
              Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
              Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
              Marshall G15CDR
              Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
              Marshall 1960A
              Boss ME-50
              ...and just a little talent.

Comment

from what i hear the duncan custom will do both mudvayne and megadeth

Comment

Mudvayne's tone is pretty easy to recreate with a 15-watt amp and a cheap distortion pedal, just turn up the gain and slap your fingers against the frets...

I hate one-finger powerchords, hahaha

-X
                  green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Dave Mustaine Flying V specs from Music 123 scroll all the way down to the bottom
                    "One time, a computer beat me at chess, but it wasnt very good at boxing" - Venomguitar
                    "I like, got soap in my eye, and i like, tried to wash it out with soap man, like totally" - One of my fellow stoners

'91 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Stock pups)
                    Jackson SL-1 (tb-6 in the back, hotrails up front)
                    Dunlop Crybaby
                    Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0mm picks
                    Digitech XMM Metal Master

Flextone Duo
                    Peavey Backstage Plus (100 watt version)

Comment

right now i've got a marshall mg15, (no fx), and i like its tone. the guitar? probably a epi sg, i'll probably have 1 of those to replace the single-hum piece of junk i got now. the invader sounds like a good idea, but doesn't the bridge pup have to have more output than the neck? i read that somewhere... ( and the invader is pretty powerful according to the tone charts) sorry, i'm new at changeing pups and stuff. about the LW, can you mix active and passive pickups like that?

Comment

i was also thinkin i could use a LW metal in the rythm, and for lead, could i put two LW hot rails together? like, join them in to a single pup w/ double the output of a single LW HR, in a kinda quadra bladed humbucker. would that work or flop?

Comment

oh, btw (i feel stupid.. ) which position is rythm and which is lead? i've got one site telling me bridge is rythm, and the other that the neck is the rythm. which is which?

Comment

lead = bridge.
                            rhythm = neck.

Put an Invader into your lead slot. Put a JB into the rhythm (I know it's not offered for the neck, but people have tried it and loved it... ask Jolly, if I recall correctly)

Comment

actually, i was thinkin the other way aound, the JB for that 80s lead and solo tone i love (ala dave mustaine, kirk hammet, etc [yeah, i know, kirk uses emg]) and the invader for that bottom-heavy rythm i'm hearin in my head, and that the voices tell me to play. with lead, i like to scoop my mids out... and for rythm, i like it fat and ballsy. so, i think that might work better... so is this good? any problems w/ it?

Comment

Working...
                              X