banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Singles to match a DiMarzio Super Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Singles to match a DiMarzio Super Distortion?

I'm looking to replace the stock single coils in my S/S/H Strat. Mostly for punk and some rock. I like a good fat clean neck single tone (very important), but also want something that'll hold together under gain.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Re: What Singles to match a DiMarzio Super Distortion?

Maybe the SSL-5 Customs??

From the Duncan website - Custom Staggered SSL-5 These are the Seymourized™ versions. They look like the SSL-1 and have the distinct vintage tone. However, the stronger magnetic field and custom coil give you higher output, more sustain, and great harmonics.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

In the late 70's DMZ came out with the SDS-1 Super Distortion Single Coil, made to be a good match with the Super Disortion humbucker, having two ceramic magnets, adjustable pole pieces, and a magnet spacer, much like a p-90. They were wound to about 8K or so, and sounded pretty good. I've found it that DiMarzio single coils sound a hell of alot better than their humbuckers.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Dimarzio single-coils are simply fantastic.
        Following Beandip idea, there's a few of them on eBay right now.
        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
        X