banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any difference between Invarer-Neck and Invader-bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any difference between Invarer-Neck and Invader-bridge?

Is there any difference between Invarer-Neck and Invader-bridge?

I bought them quite cheap second hand(the have only been three months in Gibson LP), for the price of a new JB, and Invader is costing more than JB I think.
    Thats why I have two invaders. Would not have bought one for neck position I think if it wasn't second hand.

To my point...

Both the invaders will go inn to my Jacson for now. But if I don't like the Invader bridge, I may want to sell it later.

I would like to know if there is any difference between the neck version and the bridge verion. All I can see is the little sticker under the picup saying "B" and "N". I could ripp of the N-sticker and sell it as a bridge, but that would not be fair.

Is there any difference?

Re: Any difference between Invarer-Neck and Invader-bridge?

Bridge=16.8k
    Neck=7.2k
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

So... An InvaderN in the bridge will be something like very bright, and a InvaderB in neck will be extremely grumsy?

Or is it the position of the picup who makes the difference only?

Comment

In my limited experience, the bridge pup is going to be brighter no matter what the output or the particular voicing. And the neck will be warmer. My opinion of the Invader/Invader combo is very high indeed. My buddy has this setup and it is very usable for many styles of music except if you want extreemly chimey cleans. The cleans that it does do are quite good though.
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Ok... There no doubt is a big difference between having a pic up in bridge and neck.

Since there is difference between the InvaderN and InvaderB, I hope the guy who is installing them for me is getting them in the right place

Should not be to hard

Comment

Working...
          X